I have cut Gary's hair since the day we were married. One time I goofed and slipped with the unguarded clippers and took off a small spot on the side of Gary's head. However that was decades ago. OOPS... I DID IT AGAIN...
Without even thinking I picked up the clippers to clip the back of his head and forgot to put on the guard. I zipped the strip right up the middle of his head. As soon as I sucked in a deep breath Gary knew something was wrong. I tried to explain but I was laughing so hard that I nearly pee'd in my pants. Gary said "The time you did this when we were first married you cried because you felt so bad. Now all you can do is laugh." Everytime he turned around I lost it. We were heading out a day later to go to TX so we were seeing if a hat would cover the boo boo. Not a chance. His other options were to always stand at the back of a line or sit in the back row. I have to admit that I woke up at 5:30am the next morning feeling sick to my stomach that it could not be fixed. Being the wonderful person that he is Gary said "I'm not mad so you shouldn't be mad at yourself. Sometimes people just make mistakes." That would be one big reason why I married this wonderful man. But I digress... You'll be happy to know that the story ends well. The following day Gary went to the Look After Salon and the hairdresser fixed the cut. No one could tell the difference. Same cut just a little shorter. Phew..Disaster Avoided!
No comments:
Post a Comment