Gary took off work Thursday and Friday to spend the last few days of Spring Break with us. Thursday was spent lounging around the house, playing some tennis and shooting some hoops. It was a relaxing day and just what Gary needed! Friday we visited another free St. Louis site. We took a tour of Anheuser-Busch. The campus' architecture is beautiful and the beer processing equipment is great to watch and learn about. Another recommended St. Louis outing.
Gary and Casey waiting for the tour to start.

Brett watching the
Clydesdales. We also viewed their stables but the most exciting thing for the boys was getting to pet the Dalmation that was wandering around the stables.

I just loved the carved posts and had to have Brett pose so I could get a picture!

Casey kept complaining that he was cold and it was my fault. The weather forecast was for 70 degrees so I told him to wear shorts. To make it worse we had to tour the cooling station which is a mere 50 degrees and he hated the smell.

The beer processing equipment. It's soooo clean.


I loved the architecture of the stairs.

This chandelier dates back to the 1890's.

The engineers having one of their lengthy discussions about beer processing.

The funniest part of the tour was when we were hanging out in the beer tasting area at the end of the tour. The boys were busy with their pretzels and soda while Gary and I were waiting in line to get our beer. When we sat down we asked the boys if they would like a taste. Both boys declined. I turned to Brett and said "You don't even want to try a little sip?" He responded, "Mom, I already said no." I guess the "Say No to Drugs and Alcohol" week at school really works.
No comments:
Post a Comment