Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Classroom Helper

One job that I have enjoyed over the last few months is subbing for different religious school classes. This week I had the privilege of teaching 3rd grade. Third graders love projects so BRETT and I worked at creating a fun one. The class is learning about Israel and I was in charge of teaching about Haifa a city in Israel. Next week I will be subbing the same class and teaching about Tel Aviv. To transition into next weeks class we talked about the clock tower that lets people know when they are leaving Haifa and entering Tel Aviv. The clock tower is called Migdal haShaon Yafo. Brett and I worked at home deciding which is the best way to build the tower. We used graham crackers, frosting, licorice and marshmallows. We were impressed with our results. More importantly the class had a blast!
After all the clocks were built the class destroyed them and ate.

No comments: